Overview the E-Commerce in Bangladesh.
Md. Mohiuddin || Associate ProfessorDepartment of Management StudiesJagannath UniversityDhaka-1100Bangladesh.
Volume : (13), Issue : 205, January - 2019
Abstract : Electronic commerce, commonly known as e-commerce which consists of the buying and selling of products or services over electronic systems such as the internet and other computer networks. Electronic commerce is rapidly growing as an impressive manifestation of globalization. The rapid expansion of e- commerce is a major opportunity for local and international trade development of LDCs including Bangladesh. The amount of trade conducted electronically has grown dramatically since the spread of the internet . A wide variety of commerce is conducted in this way, spurring and drawing on innovations in electronic fund transfer, supply chain management, internet marketing, online transaction processing, electronic data interchange, automated inventory management systems and automated data collection systems. Modern electronic commerce typically uses the World Wide Web at least at some point in the transaction’s life cycle, although it can encompass a wider range of technologies such as e-mail as well. Bangladesh has also stepped into the arena of e-commerce slowly but surely. This work focuses on the overall e-commerce websites and business to consumer category of Bangladesh (B2C). This article emphasizes on secondary sources data collection. The report ends with recommendations and conclusion.
Keywords :E-commerce, Business to Business (B2B), Business to Consumer (B2C), Business to Government (B2G), E-Market.
Cite This Article:
the E-Commerce in Bangladesh.
Article No : 10044
Number of Downloads : 105
Tkacz, Ewaryst; Kapczynski, Adrian, Springer, 2009, 255.
Miller, Holmes E. and Engemann, Kurt J., A methodology for managing information-based risk, Information Resources Management Journal,9(2), 17-24.
Introduction to E-commerce, Available: www.pearsonhighered.com/samplechapter/0131735160.pdf
Forecast for Global Ecommerce: Growth, Available: www.captureecommerce.com
Mann, Catherine L., Sue E.... More
- Tkacz, Ewaryst; Kapczynski, Adrian, Springer, 2009, 255.
- Miller, Holmes E. and Engemann, Kurt J., A methodology for managing information-based risk, Information Resources Management Journal,9(2), 17-24.
- Introduction to E-commerce, Available: www.pearsonhighered.com/samplechapter/0131735160.pdf
- Forecast for Global Ecommerce: Growth, Available: www.captureecommerce.com
- Mann, Catherine L., Sue E. Eckret and Sarah Cleeland Knight, A Policy Primer: Global Electronic Commerce, Institute for International Economics, Washington DC, 2000.
- Ministry of Commerce, Government of Bangladesh, Trade policy Review, April 2000, Dhaka, 2000.
- Ministry of Commerce, Government of Bangladesh, Report on Export of Computer Software from Bangladesh: Problems and Prospects, Dhaka, 1997.
- Nazmul Hossain, E-commerce in Bangladesh: Status, Potential and Constraints, December 2000.
- David Lucking-Reiley and Danniel F. Spulber, BUSINESS-TO BUSINESS ELECTRONIC COMMERCE, June 2000.
- E-commerce in Bangladesh, Available: www.docstoc.com/docs/116138506/E-commerce-in-Bangladesh
- Internet World Status, Available: www.internetworldstats.com/asia/bd.htm
- E-commerce definition and types of e-commerce, Available: www.digitsmith.com/ecommerce-definition.html
- All About Market Research, Available: www.allaboutmarketresearch.com/internet.htm