Social Media with its Role in Supporting E-Commerce and its Challenges
Maysa Ibrahiem Yousef || Information Science DepartmentKing Abdulaziz UniversityJeddahSaudi Arabia firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volume : (13), Issue : 205, January - 2019
Abstract : This study sheds light on the role played by social media in supporting e-commerce and the major challenges facing this important technology, given that it is widely used in the present. In addition, this technology is distinguished by its usability and the users' ability to find what they want in a short period. Facebook and Twitter are the most popular social media, as they help users communicate with thousands of people around the world in seconds.
The number of people using the social media in trade and promotional operations reached almost 2 billion, which reflects the importance of this technology. Despite the several advantages of the social media, it has several negatives in e-commerce, as it lacks control, exposing users to risks. These websites may also lead to lack of privacy in selling and purchasing, in addition to having other social negatives.
The study was based on the SWOT analysis to identify the role of the different social media and which is more suitable for the different trade transactions. The study showed that the e- commerce is different from the traditional one in terms of the standards of related parties. Thus, the related parties use different ways of selecting their suitable social media. They study recommended paying more attention to the impact of social networking on the marketing and promotional information for companies and businesses.
Keywords :component; Social Media networks; Social networks; Social Media; E-commerce; E-commerce community.
Cite This Article:
Supporting E-Commerce and its Challenges
Article No : 10042
Number of Downloads : 105
Zhang, J. , E-Commerce Advertising in Social Networking Sites and Implication for Social Commerce. Access date: (10, Nov, 2016). Available at: http://www.pacis-net.org/file/2015/2977.pdf.
Team FME. , "Swot Analysis Strategy skills". Access date: (6, Feb,2016). Available at: http://www.free-management-ebooks.com/dldebk- pdf/fme-swot-analysis.pdf.
Young, K. , The Effects of Social Media on E-Commerce: A... More
- Zhang, J. , E-Commerce Advertising in Social Networking Sites and Implication for Social Commerce. Access date: (10, Nov, 2016). Available at: http://www.pacis-net.org/file/2015/2977.pdf.
- Team FME. , "Swot Analysis Strategy skills". Access date: (6, Feb,2016). Available at: http://www.free-management-ebooks.com/dldebk- pdf/fme-swot-analysis.pdf.
- Young, K. , The Effects of Social Media on E-Commerce: A Perspective of Social Impact Theory. Access date: (10, Nov, 2016). Available at:https://www.researchgate.net/publication/232656460_The_Effects_of_So cial_Media_on_E- Commerce_A_Perspective_of_Social_Impact_Theory_PDF.
- Qiao, Y. , Social networks and E-commerce. Access date: (10, Nov,2016). Available at: http://cse.tkk.fi/en/publications/B/1/papers/Qiao_final.pdf.
- Lee, c., Fung, S.,. Online Social Networks and E-Commerce. Access date: (10, Nov, 2016). Available at:https://groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/classes/6.805/student-papers/fall07- papers/social-networks.pdf.
- Swamynathan, G., Wilson, C., Boe, B., Almeroth, K., & Zhao, Y. Do Social Networks Improve E-Commerce? A Study on Social Marketplaces. Access date: (10, Nov, 2016). Available at:http://conferences.sigcomm.org/sigcomm/2008/workshops/wosn/papers/p1.pdf.
- Linda, Sauling. Social Commerce - E-Commerce in Social Media Context. Access date: (13, Nov, 2016). Available at:http://waset.org/publications/2123/social-commerce-e-commerce-in- social-media-context.
- Xu, Y., Ma, J., Sun, Y., Hao, J., Zhao, Y. , Using Social Network Analysis as a Strategy for E-Commerce Recommendation. Pacifc Asia Conference on Information system. Access date: (14, Nov, 2016). Available at:http://www.pacis-net.org/file/2009/USING%20SOCIAL%20NETWORK%20ANALY SIS%20AS%20A%20STRATEGY%20FOR%20E- COMMERCE%20RECOMMENDATION.pdf.
- Sun, Z., Firmin, S., Yearwood, Integrating Online Social Networks with E-Commerce: A CBR Approach. 23th Australian Conference on Information system. Access date: (14, Nov, 2016). Available at:https://dro.deakin.edu.au/eserv/DU:30049134/sun-integratingonline-2012.pdf.
- Bhattacharya, R. , Social Commerce: The transformation of eCommerce with Social Computing. Access date: (14, Nov, 2016). Available at: http://www.happiestminds.com/whitepapers/social_commerce.pdf.