A Study on Customer Experience Measurement in Retail Sales and Service Check Reliability by Mystery Shopping Method
J.MARTIN LEONARD || Teaching AssistantIndian Institute of Management - TiruchirappalliTamilnadu.
Volume : (3), Issue : 211, January - 2019
Abstract : Marketing, as Peter Drucker says, is nothing but looking at your own business processes from customers’ point of view. In this view, Mystery shopping is a valuable tool to identify the business to improve their current status, and help them to understand the areas which will be improves through the customer experience audit. This kind of audit should to be done to evaluate the current status of the management process. If we like to maximize profits, we need strategies, and then implement it at right time. In that situation, Mystery shopping is a tool to develop the marketing strategy to attain the business goals and objectives. Because a good strategy is based on the perfect analysis of empirical data,including market needs and trends, competitor capabilities and offerings, and the organization's resources and abilities. In that way mystery shopping is a healthy tool and remedial action for this present retail sales sector and also it’s useful to evaluate the service quality in the service delivery process. It brings the effective report and positive solutions for the retail sales and service sector. And It brings also the effective report and positive solutions for customers in financial, automotive, and hospitality industries.
Keywords :Mystery shopping or a Mystery audit, Evaluator, Participant observer, Mystery auditors & Mystery shopper, CCA.
Cite This Article:
Retail Sales and Service Check Reliability by Mystery Shopping Method
Article No : 10031
Number of Downloads : 101
PRINT | Youjae, Y and Taeshik Gong 2008, ‘The effects of customer justice perception and affect on customer citizenship behavior and customer dysfunctional behavior,’ Industrial Marketing Management, Vol.37, PP.767 – 783.
Hyung Jun Ahn 2010, ‘Evaluating customer aid functions of online stores with agent-based models of customer behavior and evolution strategy,’ Information Sciences, PP. 1555 – 1570.
Miguel I, Gomez, Edward... More
- PRINT | Youjae, Y and Taeshik Gong 2008, ‘The effects of customer justice perception and affect on customer citizenship behavior and customer dysfunctional behavior,’ Industrial Marketing Management, Vol.37, PP.767 – 783.
- Hyung Jun Ahn 2010, ‘Evaluating customer aid functions of online stores with agent-based models of customer behavior and evolution strategy,’ Information Sciences, PP. 1555 – 1570.
- Miguel I, Gomez, Edward W, McLaughlin and Dick R, Wittink2004, ‘Customer Satisfaction and retail sales performance: an empirical investigation,’ Journal of Retailing, Vol.80, | PP. 265 – 278.
- Adam Finn and Ujwal Kayande 1999,‘Unmarking a phantom: A Psychometric Assessment of Mystery Shopping,’ Journal of Retailing, Vol.75 (2), PP.195 – 217.
- Adams B, Steven, Yan Dong and Martin Dresner2012,‘Linkages between customer service, customer satisfaction and performance in the airline industry: Investigation of non-linearities and moderating effects,’ Transportation Research Part E, Vol.48, PP. 743 – 754.
- Youjae Yi, Rajan Nataraajan and Taeshik Gong 2011, ‘Customer Participation and Citizenship behavioral influences on employee performance, satisfaction, commitment, and turnover intention,’ Journal of Business Research, Vol.64, PP. 87 – 95.
- Christian Homburg and Bettina Rudolph2001, ‘Customer satisfaction in industrial markets: dimensional and multiple role issues,’ Journal of Business, Vol.52, PP. 15 – 33.
- Christina G.chi, Dogan Gursoy 2009, ‘Employee satisfaction, Customer satisfaction and financial performance: An empirical examination,’ International Journal of Hospitality Management, Vol.28, PP. 245 – 253.
- Mihelis.G, Grigoroudis. E, Siskos .Y, Politis .Y and Malandrakis.Y2001, ‘Customer satisfaction measurement in the private bank sector,’ European Journal of operational Research, Vol.130, PP: 347 – 360.
- Claudia Tarantola, Palola vicard, and Ioannis Ntzoufras 2012, ‘Monitoring and improving Greek banking services using Bayesian Networks: An analysis of mystery shopping data,’ | Expert systems with Applications, Vol. (39), PP: 10103- 10111.
- Charles Dennis, David Marsland, and Tony cockett 2012, ‘Central place practice: shopping centre attractiveness measures, hinterland boundaries and the UK retail hierarchy,’ Journal of Retailing and Consumer services, PP. 185-199.
- Kristof De Wulf and Gaby Odekarken- Schroder 2013, ‘Assessing the impact of a retailer’s relationship efforts on consumers attitudes and behavior,’ Journal of Retailing and Consumer services, Vol.9, PP: 327-334.
- Hans Jorn Juhl, Kai Kristensen, and Peder Oster gaard 2012, ‘Customer satisfaction in European food retailing,’ Journal of Retailing and Consumer services, Vol.9, PP: 327 – 334.
- Robert Grant, Rodney J. Clarke, Elias Kyriazis 2010,‘Research needs for assessing online value creation in complex consumer purchase process behavior,’ Journal of Retailing and Consumer services, Vol.17, PP: 53-60.
- Arpita khare. (2011) ‘Mall shopping behavior of Indian small town consumers,’ Journal of Retailing and Consumer services, Vol.18, PP: 110 – 118.
- Celine Jacob, Nicolas Gueguen, Angelique Martin, Gaelle Boulbry 2011, ‘Retail salespeople’s Mimicry of customers: Effects on consumer behavior,’ Journal of Retailing and consumer services, Vol. 18, PP: 381-388.
- Catalina. E, Kopetz, Arie, Kruglanski, Zachary G, Arens, Jordan Etkin, Heather M, Johnson 2012, ‘the dynamics of consumer behavior: A goal systemic perspective, ’Journal ofconsumer psy- chology, Vol.22, PP: 208-223.
- Janice Darko, Dennis L. Eggett and Rickelle Richards 2013, ‘Shopping behavior of Low- income families during a 1- month period of Time,’ Journal of Nutrition education and behavior,’ Vol.45, PP.1.
- Hashim Fadzil Ariffin, Mohamed Fahmi Bibon and Raja puteri Saadiah Raja Abdullah 2012, | ‘Restaurant’s Atmospheric elements: What the customers, wants,’ Procedia - Social & Behavioral Sciences, PP: 380-387.
- Werner Reinartz, Manfred Kraft and Wayne D.Hoyer 2004, ‘the customer relationship man- agement process: its measurement and Impact on performance, Journal of marketing research, Vol. XLI, PP: 293 – 305.
- Lynette Ryals 2003, ‘Making customers pay: measuring and managing customer risk and returns,’ Journal of strategic marketing, Vol. II, PP: 165-175.
- Violeta Radulescu, Iuliana cetina 2012, ‘Customer analysis, defining component of marketing audit,’ Procedia - Social & Behavioral Science, Vol.62, PP: 308 – 312.
- Alan M, Wilson 1998, ‘The use of mystery shopping in the measurement of service delivery.’ The service industries journal, Vol.18, PP: 148.
- Robert C, Ford, Gary P. Latham, and Gwen Lennox 2011, ‘Mystery shoppers: A new tool for coaching employee performance improvement,’ Organizational Dynamics, Vol.40, PP: 157-164.
- Antonio S, Lauglang1993, ‘Technical marketing research-Get customers to collaborate in developing products,’ LongRange planning, Vol.26, Issue.2, Pages: 78-82.
- Philip C, Burger and Cynthia W, cann 1995, ‘Post - purchase strategy: A key to successful industrial marketing and customer satisfaction,’ Industrial Marketing Management, Vol.24, Issue: 2, PP: 91 – 98.
- Grigoroudis.E,Siskos.Y 2004, ‘A survey of customer satisfaction barometers: Some results from the transportation-communications sector,’European Journal of Operational Research,Volume 152, Issue 2, Pages: 334–353.
- BOOKS | Edizioni Franco Angeli 2010, ‘Mystery shopping,’ Veronica Boxberg Karlsson, Sweden.
- Michael R. Solomon 2009, ‘Consumer Behavior,’ Pearson Education, Inc., U.S.A.
- Gilbert. A, Churchill.JR, Dawn Iacobucci 2005, ‘Marketing Research: Methodological Foundations,’ South Western, Akash press, India.
- Naresh.K, Malhotra and Satyabhushan Dash 2011, ‘marketing research: An Applied orientation, Pearson prentice Hall, India.
- David A.Aaker, Kumar.V, George S. Day 2009, ‘Marketing research” Wiley India, New Delhi.
- Marshell Fisher, Ananth Raman 2010,‘The new science of retailing, Harvard Business school publishing, Massachusetts.
- Gerald Zaltman 2003, ‘How customers think’ Harvard Business School, Massachusetts.
- Gerald Zaltman, Lindsay H. Zaltman 2008,‘Marketing metaphoric’, Harvard Business School.
- Kiefer lee, Dr. Steve carter 2009, ‘Global Marketing Management’, Oxford university press, New York.
- Lowell Bryan, Jane Fraser, Jeremy Oppenheim and Wilhelm Rall 1999, ‘Race for the World: Strategies to build a great global Firm, Mckinsey & Company Inc. USA.